Saturday 9 January 2016

LIFE AT ARUNACHAL PRADESH- NOVEMBER.



One month here in the North East of India has taught me a lot already. Most of the things like the culture and practices here are new to me. There are many different tribes here and each their own lifestyle. Being culturally sensitive is very important here. Right now it has been four weeks of classes here in the disciple training school. The classes are great. My favourite week was the “worship” week. I felt the Lord’s presence so strongly and he has been speaking to me specifically in certain areas of my life. Every Sunday we go to the different local churches around each being its own denomination and it is cool to see their way of worship and structure. In each of these churches we also minister through skits and song. Sundays we also attend an evening service called the Monpa fellowship where the YWAM team leads it. This church was started for the Monpa tribe people as they are mostly of the Buddhist background.
I know as we have intercession times the Lord shows me his heart for the Buddhist world. In Arunachal Pradesh only four more districts have not been gone to for the outreach. One of these places is the strong Buddhist world where the big monasteries exist. The few Christians who are here are now facing persecution. We are asking the Lord to open the door to minister to these people. Every Wednesday evenings we go house to house praying and ministering to the people around the place we are staying. It has been a good experience because God is able to reveal his heart for his people of all tribe and people through us. It is mainly mountain area so we get to walk and see how the people live and some do say no when we come to their houses to pray for them. I had the opportunity to go into a Buddhist monastery and pray there.
During the week we are led well to pray, intercede and grow deeper in the Lord. The amazing thing is that we are always encouraged to hear God’s voice and encourage one another. I am learning personally to have faith in God for the impossible. Early mornings when we intercede for the state of Arunachal Pradesh we see God move and give visions and his word for the people .For the month of December we are going for a short two week outreach during the Christmas time and we are preparing and praying for it now. We know that God is getting us ready for it and it is going to be a total new thing for me as it will be  new places but we are trusting God will use us. We are a small team of eleven and we are expecting for the Lord to guide us in the right way. I am glad God put me here for this season and I can see him working in my life.

Some of my prayer points are:
1)      Please pray for the two weeks of outreach that we are going for this month during the Christmas break.
2)      Pray that the Lord would open the right doors for us to minister in and that God would soften the people’s heart to hear the gospel.
3)      That the Holy Spirit would guide us and personally that God would work in me as this is going to be a total new experience in a new place.


No comments:

Post a Comment