Saturday 3 September 2016

AUGUST


A NEW STEP TO A HIGHER CALLING


Teaching in the slums
This past month has been a good experience with the Lord and the ministry here in Ranchi. The Lord never stops to amaze me through His grace and love over my life as I grow in Him and learn to depend on His strength. Right before I came back to Ranchi, I received a word from the Lord through my mom. It was where the Lord was placing on me the robe of leadership. I was so touched by that revelation. I know now this is the season of my life where the Lord wants me to lead depending on Him. Just as that word was spoken it happened as I came back here.
Conducting games in youth  meeting

The Lord has entrusted me as a leader in different departments of the church I am working with. It is going to be something new I have never done before. Definitely don’t feel qualified to do it but the Lord reminded that He does not call the qualified but rather qualifies the called. The journey that we are going with the Lord is always a preparation for something greater to come. It is true in my life. So I am excited every day for a grace note from the Lord. 
worship in women's ministry

This month I have been involved in the slum ministry and it’s been so wonderful to see the number of kids increasing every day. They are so hungry for the word of God and they enjoy learning English too. The church also distributed gifts to about 80 kids there and they were so happy. The joy in their faces was so amazing to see. I have been working with the preschool too .I am learning so much working here about patience and leading by example. I am also involved in the women’s ministry too and that has been good too.
Action songs  with the slum kids
 The other thing I was given to do was lead the Sunday school and I have a good team who are ready to guide the young ones to the Lord with me. Many of the kids who come to the Sunday school are also from the slums I work with. Right now I am working on preparing a curriculum that we can use to train the kids in God's word. That is where I am depending on God to give me new revelation of His word for the kids.

The main role is being the leader for the new Department the church has just started. It is sponsoring kids in education around Ranchi in slums, villages and organization too. So they would receive support and I would be travelling to their places and ministering to the kids and pouring into their lives .It’s exciting and I know this is what the Lord is preparing me for. God has got his hand one and I am not worried and I need him more every day.
Some of my prayer points would be:

* That the Lord would give me wisdom to lead well by being a great example.
* For unity and grace among the team I am working with.
*To be faithful and true as I work for the Lord and to Never tire of doing good till the end.

*For the Lords hand on the kids I am working with and that they would understand God's love for them.

5 comments:

  1. I loved your post Jemimah! As I was reading it God gave some nuggets of truth to tuck away for myself, thanks! Praying that God will continue to use you in mighty ways, especially as you take on this new leadership role.

    Patrick Uncle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patrick. Did not know u read it. Glad it spoke to you. I praise God.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Patrick. Did not know u read it. Glad it spoke to you. I praise God.

      Delete
  2. This is awesome, Jemimah....so proud of you and all that you are doing. Excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ma. So encouraging to hear

      Delete