Saturday 4 August 2018

LEARNING WITH PATIENCE


Great time at Nepal with family!!
It has been a great month with hearing the voice of God so well in my life and ministry. I have been praying to God about so many things in my life and during my one week break that I got this month I was able to hear him clearly. The Lord has been teaching me to trust him completely for my future especially and to believe him that He knows what he is doing. It was encouraging to hear him speak to me particularly because I needed that. We had an amazing prayer walk during our bible study sessions and it was a blessing praying for our city Ranchi as we walked proclaiming the word of God upon this land. One of my favourite things to do have always been the prayer walks.
Having fun with the kids at the slum.

I got to visit the slum kids after a long time again as it has been challenging to go due to the rainy season and few festivals here where they block the roads. I was so happy to spend time with them and could see the joy in their faces. I’m in love with them and they are such a joy to my heart. I can see the bond we have developed over the years and now they look up to us for help and guidance. I can see them going in the right track so far and my prayer for them is that God would protect their little hearts from the evil one.
Playing drums at women's meeting.

House fellowship at one of our pastor's house.

The women’s ministry has been going well. We had our monthly fellowship meeting and it was amazing. I had the opportunity to play the drums after a long time. We also had our house visiting this month to one of our pastor’s houses. It was truly encouraging to hear their testimony and it was a blessing to encourage them with the word of God. It is encouraging to see the love most of these women have for the word of God and they are eager to stand strong for their faith regardless of the challenges they face each day. We are now preparing for our next two day seminar for the women and our topic would be on worship. We are excited for how the Lord is going to lead us this time.
Intercession for the districts of Ranchi.

We had a day of fasting as a church and it was so amazing. We did it a little differently with more creative ideas of intercession and I had the opportunity to lead the people in prayer. We specifically prayed for all the districts in Jharkhand and had all the names stuck around the church and people went around laying their hands on them and praying for each of the districts. We had the population and the Christian percentage of each district written on them. Many of the districts had zero point something percentage. Looking at the statistics it encouraged us to pray more for these places and we believe that God is going to raise leaders to reach out to these areas that need him. We got the opportunity to pray over all the present problems going on in Jharkhand. It was a great day of worship and prayer.

It was a great month and I am thankful to the Lord for his goodness and I can see the church growing in the right direction. It is a blessing to work among these people and I know that I am in the right place.

Some of my prayer points would be:

·       For our Women’s seminar that is happening this coming month end that the Lord would lead us in the right direction to reach out to the women of our church.

·       For God to continue helping my kids at the slums to stay strong in doing right even when things get hard.

·       For me to keep trusting the Lord for the impossible and that he would continue to work in and through me. I need his grace more and more especially on my tough days.

No comments:

Post a Comment